According to this article Outside magazine has announced it’s Gear of the Year for 2007. Starting with over 400 products to test, they narrowed it down to 15 winners for their annual awards.
This years winners are:
• ROAD RUNNER: New Balance 902
• TRAIL RUNNER: Adidas J S3
• ROAD BIKE: Kestrel RT700
• MOUNTAIN BIKE: Felt Virtue Two
• SHELL: The North Face Cipher Windstopper
• LIGHT HIKER: La Sportiva Sandstone GTX-XCR
• BACKPACK: Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
• TENT: Big Agnes Emerald Mountain SL 2
• SLEEPING BAG: Mountain Hardwear UltraLamina 32
• SURFBOARD: MR 1979 Retro Single-Fin
• KAYAK: Jackson Kayak Fun
• SUNGLASSES: Oakley Radar
• DIGITAL CAMERA: Panasonic DMC-LX2
• LUGGAGE: REI Stratocruiser 25
• GPS: Magellan CrossoverGPS
Apparently the full article is in the current news stand edition, and I’m sure it’ll be on the online edition soon. So what items on the list are going to make it into your gear box? I’m digging that Big Agnes tent, the Felt Mountain Bike, and of course the Granite Gear Pack. 🙂
- Gear Review: The Xero Scrambler Mid is an Ultralight Hiking Shoe for Spring - March 1, 2023
- Gear Review: Yeti Roadie 48 Wheeled Cooler - August 18, 2022
- Kristin Harila Continues Pursuit of 8000-Meter Speed Record - August 16, 2022
1 thought on “<i>Outside</i> Announces Gear of the Year”
These packs are awesome, stronger than a tanker.
Comments are closed.