After months of voting by the general public the World over, a new list of Seven Wonders was announced today as part of the New 7 Wonders Campaign. The top contenders were announced back in June, but voting ended today, and the new list was unveiled at an official ceremony in Lisbon. So, with out further adieu, I give you the new list of the New Seven Wonder of the World:
• The Great Wall of China
• Petra in Jordan
• Brazil’s statue of Christ the Redeemer
• Peru’s Machu Picchu
• Mexico’s Chichen Itza pyramid
• The Colosseum in Rome
• India’s Taj Mahal
The first thing you’ll note is that the Great Pyramid of Giza is not on the list. It was exempt from voting altogether since it’s the only remaining Wonder from the original list of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The Pyramids are still held above everything else on this new lists.
Personally, I like most of the choices. The Great Wall of China is simply amazing and the other selections are worthy contenders. I do think that the Christ The Redeemer statue seems out of place on this list though. Don’t get me wrong, it is a stunning statue perched on top of a mountain over looking Rio. It is indeed a marvel. But personally, I don’t think it’s a Wonder.
Just my opinion. What’s yours? What do you think of this list? What should be on it? What shouldn’t? I’d love to hear your comments.
- COVID in Mt. Everest Base Camp and Other News from the World’s Highest Peak - May 4, 2021
- U.S. Adds 116 Countries to the ‘Do Not Travel List’ - April 27, 2021
- New Annapurna Summit Record Could be a Sign of Things to Come on Everest - April 20, 2021