Their list consists of some amazing books, and they definitely seem to have hit all the classics. There are even a few honorable mentions that just missed the cut. This is a perfect list to use to expand your library and they even made it simple by adding links to the Amazon.com page to order your own copy of any book you don’t already own.
The list runs the gamut of true life adventure, travel books, adventure novels, and more. I don’t want to spoil the entire list, as part of the fun is the discovery of where your favorite fell, but the top five look like this:
1. The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen
2. Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
3. The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz
4. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
5. No Picnic on Mount Kenya by Felice Benuzzi
Many more great books on the list. Be sure to check it out!
- COVID in Mt. Everest Base Camp and Other News from the World’s Highest Peak - May 4, 2021
- U.S. Adds 116 Countries to the ‘Do Not Travel List’ - April 27, 2021
- New Annapurna Summit Record Could be a Sign of Things to Come on Everest - April 20, 2021