NileGuide, the same great online personal trip planning service I mentioned last week, have posted an awesome list of the Top 50 Adventure Books of All Time to their excellent NileGuidance Blog.
Their list consists of some amazing books, and they definitely seem to have hit all the classics. There are even a few honorable mentions that just missed the cut. This is a perfect list to use to expand your library and they even made it simple by adding links to the Amazon.com page to order your own copy of any book you don’t already own.
The list runs the gamut of true life adventure, travel books, adventure novels, and more. I don’t want to spoil the entire list, as part of the fun is the discovery of where your favorite fell, but the top five look like this:
1. The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen
2. Wind, Sand, and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
3. The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz
4. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
5. No Picnic on Mount Kenya by Felice Benuzzi
Many more great books on the list. Be sure to check it out!
- Gear Review: The Xero Scrambler Mid is an Ultralight Hiking Shoe for Spring - March 1, 2023
- Gear Review: Yeti Roadie 48 Wheeled Cooler - August 18, 2022
- Kristin Harila Continues Pursuit of 8000-Meter Speed Record - August 16, 2022
1 thought on “The 50 Best Adventure Books of All Time!”
Interesting choice of books, check out my choice of the best adventure books.
Comments are closed.