– The XPD Australia Expedition Race is underway near Cairns. The race features coed teams of four battling it out non-stop over 430+ miles of rugged and remote Australian backcountry, including trekking through jungles, paddling on the ocean, and tackling white water rafting on the Tully River. The race is expected to run through the 28th, and at this early point, it is Team Orion Adventure, winners of last year’s Primal Quest, who are out in front. For live tracking on the XPD, click here.
– Earlier this week it was announced that the first annual CheckPoint Tracker Adventure Racing National Championship would be held in Moab, Utah on October 29th of this year. The event will pit 350 of the top racers from around the U.S. against one another in six different racing divisions. The course has been designed by Gravity Play Sports, and the winning team will receive an all expense paid trip to the Abu Dhabi Adventure Challenge later this year.
– Speaking of CheckPoint Tracker, it seems they’ve added a new member to the team, with adventure racing legend Ian Adamson. Ian will be helping the company develop their long term strategy and is aiding in the production of the new National Championship race that I mentioned above. In his long and illustrious career, Adamson has pretty much won every major race out there, and has vast amounts of experience as a race director as well.
– Finally, a shout out to Too Cool Adventure Racing, who produces AR events here in my backyard in Texas. Next weekend they’ll be holding their Spread Your Wings Adventure Weekend, which will include racer check-in on Friday, a 24-hour race beginning on Saturday, and a host of post-race events on Sunday, including a kids/family adventure race, zip lining, family hikes, and a Night Nav. Murder Mystery event too. Of course there will be plenty of food and drinks on hand, and lots of fun on the long three day weekend. If you’re in the central Texas area, and you’re looking to get into adventure racing, you’ll want to see what Too Cool has to offer.
- A Hiker Had to be Rescued Just 3 Miles into an Epic Long-Distance Trek - June 17, 2021
- Journey from California to Hawaii Becomes a Nightmare for Kayaker - June 10, 2021
- China Bans Ultramarathons Following Tragedy on the Trail - June 8, 2021