Earlier in the week we had a video from the winter climbs currently underway on Gasherbrum I and today we get one from Nanga Parbet, where Simone Moro and Denis Urubko are currently waiting out the weather to see if they’ll ever get a crack at the summit. The forecast says that they can expect snow for the next week, which doesn’t bode well for the success of the expedition, especially as there is already a high level of avalanche danger on the mountain.
This video was shot prior to the current round of bad weather, when Denis and Simone were preparing for a summit push. That attempt was ultimately turned back due to the snow, but we still get a great glimpse of what it is like on this Karakoram mountain in the harshest season of all.
- Gear Review: The Xero Scrambler Mid is an Ultralight Hiking Shoe for Spring - March 1, 2023
- Gear Review: Yeti Roadie 48 Wheeled Cooler - August 18, 2022
- Kristin Harila Continues Pursuit of 8000-Meter Speed Record - August 16, 2022