As the season winds down, ExWeb has posted a complete round-up of the summits from the past few weeks, and as expected there aren’t very many of them. Just one on Broad Peak, three on Gasherbrum I, and 13 on GII. Here’s the full list according to ExWeb’s sources.
1. Andrzej Bargiel (Poland) : July 25th, 2015
1. Ferran Latorre (Spain) : July 24th, 2015
2. Yannick Graziani (France) : July 24th, 2015
3. Tom Seidensticker (Germany) : July 24th, 2015
1. Laura González del Castillo (Mexico) : July 16th, 2015
2. Yuri Contreras Cedi (Mexico) : July 16th, 2015
3. Ernst Felix : July 16th, 2015
4. Christof Bartmann : July 16th, 2015
5. Sophie Lavaud (France/Switzerland) : July 16th, 2015
6. Ngima Chhiring Lama (Nepal) : July 16th, 2015
7. Muhammad (Pakistan) : July 16th, 2015
8. Kinga Baranowska (Poland) : July 17th, 2015
9. Kinga’s HAP (Pakistan) : July 17th, 2015
10. Richard Hidalgo (Peru) : July 24th, 2015
11. Martin Gildemeister (Chile) : July 24th, 2015
12. Czech Climber 1 : July 24th, 2015
13. Czech Climber 2 : July 24th, 2015
As you can see, two Czech climbers on GII remain unidentified, although they did manage to top out on July 24. The Explorers Web staff promises to update their list once those individuals are identified.
The most impressive climb of the season definitely goes to Polish mountaineer Andrezej Bargiel, who was able to complete a solo summit of BP, and make a ski descent, in under 8 hours. I’ve seen his summit listed elsewhere as “unofficial,” but unless he can’t produce summit photos – which sometimes happens on solo climbs – his expedition will go down as one of the most daring in recent years, especially considering the conditions from this season and lack of summits over all.
ExWeb also indicates that there are two Czech climbers who remain in Base Camp on the Gasherbrum Massif. They are reportedly acclimatized and ready to go, but are waiting for good weather before beginning their summit push. According to the report, they have completed acclimatization efforts on GII, and will now attempt to go up the Southwest Face in Alpine Style.
Hopefully they’ll have more luck than most of the other squads this season. I’ll report more on their efforts as the news breaks.
- Gear Review: Anthm Collective Saltzman Long Sleeve Cycling Jersey - June 23, 2022
- Nepal is Moving Everest Base Camp Due to Melting Glacier - June 21, 2022
- Gear Review: Oros Explorer Hoodie - June 16, 2022