Just a quick note to let everyone know that Episode 2 of The Adventure Podcast was released yesterday. In this episode, my co-host Dave Adlard and I talk about the latest adventure news with a look at some Antarctic expeditions, climbing teams heading to Everest and K2 this winter, and more. As usual, we also talk about useful gear and share some items that we’ve both been using in the field.
Our main topic this week is the 10 Essentials of Hiking, with discussion on whether or not they are still viable in the 21st century (Hint: They Are!) and out take on how the list has changed and evolved over the years. Throughout this segment we continue to talk about important gear and share some ideas on things that you can take with you into the backcountry.
For thos who are interested in checking out this latest project of mine here’s how you can listen in:
- If you just want to listen on your computer then click here to get a web version of the show, complete with an audio player, episode description, and so on. It works great, it just isn’t quite so portable.
- iOS users (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.) can subscribe to the show in iTunes by searching for “The Adventure Podcast,” but it can still be hard to find. Here’s a direct link.
- Android users can find us in the Google Play Store by again searching for the title of the show. But, to save time, here’s another direct link.
- If you use Stitcher to listen to your podcasts on any platform, we’re also available there. If search doesn’t work, here’s the direct link for Stitcher users.
- A Hiker Had to be Rescued Just 3 Miles into an Epic Long-Distance Trek - June 17, 2021
- Journey from California to Hawaii Becomes a Nightmare for Kayaker - June 10, 2021
- China Bans Ultramarathons Following Tragedy on the Trail - June 8, 2021