Each week I get tons of stories, press releases, and tips sent our way but we simply don’t have enough time or space to share them all. To try to make up for that, I’ve launched this weekly round-up of some of the best items that came through my email box over the past seven days, with great deals, travel tips, new options for adventure, and much more. So, without further ado, here are this week’s outdoor adventure and travel quickies.
- Intrepid Travel Offers 15% Off European Adventures: You may have caught a note in the news this week that Americans will need a special travel authorization to visit Europe starting in 2021. Before that happens however, Intrepid Travel is offering 15% off European adventures for this summer. Options include everything from very active, multisport itineraries to food and culture trips.
- LifeProof Launches New USB Battery Pack with Wireless Charging: Keeping your gadgets charged while traveling is a constant battle, but LifeProof is looking to make it a lot easier to accomplish with its new Lifeactív Power Pack 10 Qi. The USB charger comes with a 10,000 mAh battery, a standard USB port and USB-C port, and the ability to charge Qi compatible devices wirelessly. It is also waterproof and has a built-in flashlight too. MSRP is $100.
- Mountain Khakis Launches Line of Underwear: Adventure travelers know how important it is to have good underwear to see you through a long journey. Breathability, wicking, quick-drying, and antimicrobial properties are a must. Thankfully, you’ll get all of that and more in Mountain Khakis’ new line of boxers and boxer briefs. Prices range from $25.95 to $27.95.
- Exodus Launches Luxury Adventure Travel Collection: Upscale tour operator Exodus Travels has launched a new line of itineraries aimed at those of us who like to be pampered a bit on our excursions. The new Luxury Collection is designed to take us to the far-flung corners of the globe in style. Options include visits to the Galapagos Islands, a new Kenya and Tanzania safari, and an Amazon Rainforest cruise, amongst others.
- Take a Luxury Tour of Uganda: Luxury seems to be the keyword in this week’s travel announcements as Adventures Within Reach has also announced an an upscale tour of Uganda. The eight-day itinerary includes traditional African safari game drives, a visit to a primate preserve, and a trek to see the famed mountain gorillas. All of that is available for just $3395, which isn’t bad for any trip deemed “luxury.”
- REI Launches Revamped Gift Registry: Whether you’re getting married, graduating from college or high school, expecting a new addition to the family, or just looking to score some new gear, a gift registry is always a potential option. To assist outdoor lovers in that category, REI has just relaunched its own online gift registry, making it easier than ever to create a registry for just about any occasion.
- Moab Adventure Center Launches New Rock Climbing and Canyoneering Options: Moab, Utah is one of the best outdoor adventure destinations in the entire U.S., and the Moab Adventure Center is your one-stop shop when it comes to finding ways to enjoy the place to its fullest. This week the company expanded its line-up by introducing new rock climbing and canyoneering adventures to expand its existing portfolio, which includes options for off-roading, rafting, mountain biking, and more.
- Bicycle Commuter Act Encourages Riders to Leave Their Car Behind: New Legislation introduced to the U.S. House of Representatives wants to give Americans who ride their bike to work even more incentives. The so-called Bicycle Commuter Act of 2019 will provide as much as $53 per month in deductions from your taxes just for leaving the car behind and riding instead.
That’s all! More news briefs next week!
- The Current State of International Travel According to the CDC - March 4, 2021
- Nepali Army to Clean Trash on Everest, 5 Other Peaks - March 2, 2021
- 21-Year Old Briton Becomes Youngest Woman to Row the Atlantic - February 24, 2021