Since I was on the road traveling last week, I missed my weekly round-up of outdoor adventure and travel quickies. For those who haven’t caught this post in the past, it is a relatively new addition to the site during which I post some things that I simply didn’t have the time or space for during the earlier part of the week. So, with out further adieu, here’s some things to put on your radar as we head into the weekend.
- Keen is Giving Away a Trip to Everest Base Camp: If a visit to EBC has always been on your bucket list, than outdoor footwear brand Keen might be able to make that happen. The company is giving away a 19-day trip for two to Nepal to make that trek with OneSeed Expeditions. Of course, the winner will also get two pairs of Keen boots, two packs courtesy of Deuter, and two $200 gift cards from Sherpa Adventure Gear.
- Mountain Travel Sobek Turns 50: A big congratulations goes out to adventure travel company Mountain Travel Sobek, which has just celebrated its 50th anniversary. The company started back in 1969, which also happens to be when the “adventure travel” industry was first formed. To celebrate, the company is sharing stories, offering up discounts, and giving away trips. To find out more, visit this website.
- Great Western Loop Hiking Video: In 2018, Hiker Jeff “Legend” Garmire became just the second person to hike the 6900-mile (11,104 km) Great Western Loop, first pioneered by Andrew Skurka back in 2007. Garmire released a video of his trek on YouTube, which you can check out here.
- Save 20% on Adventure Cruises from Intrepid Travel: Big, overcrowded cruise ships aren’t my favorite way to travel, but I do enjoy small-ship adventures. If you’d like to give one of these trips a go, Intrepid Travel is currently offering 20% off its entire catalog of cruise adventures, including journeys to Vietnam, Greece, Morocco, and beyond.
- MSR Releases 2018 Global Health Impact Summary: As you know, many outdoor brands go to great lengths to give something back to the outdoors or developing communities around the globe. For MSR, that means providing cleaning drinking water in parts of the world where that is still a rare commodity. In an effort to be more transparent about those efforts, the company released a report on its initiatives to improve the health and lives of others across the planet.
- Another Month of Skiing in Utah: The calendar may say its spring, and warmer temperatures are in the air, but there is still plenty of powder to shred in Utah. In fact, our friends at Ski Utah say that they expect at least another month of top ski conditions, and perhaps longer depending on the conditions.
- Scared Rides Joins Forces with Bicycle Adventures: Scared Rides, one of the best mountain bike adventure travel companies around, has announced that it is joining forces with Bicycle Adventures to expand their offerings further. The partnership will create a company that can offer great cycling tours, both on and off road, making it a one-stop shop for all your bike adventure trips.
- Nat Has Offers New Itinerary to New Zealand: Natural Habitat Adventures has taken he wraps off an exciting new trip to the land of the Kiwi. The company’s New Zealand Explorer itinerary is a 12-day journey that includes visits to exclusive eco-lodges, an overnight stay on remote and seldom-visited Stewart Island, and a cruise through Milford Sound on a private charter. Start saving your pennies now however, as the new trip will set you back $11,495.
That’s all for this week! More to come next Friday.
- 5000-Year Old Petroglyphs Vanadlized in Big Bend National Park - January 18, 2022
- Neal Moore Completes Epic Journey Across the US in a Canoe - December 22, 2021
- British Explorers Fail to Reach Pole of Inaccessibility - December 16, 2021