We’re back once again for our weekly round up of all of the stories that we didn’t have time to cover or share elsewhere. So without further ado, lets jump in and see what we missed.
- Patagonia Sues Amazon Reseller: Gear manufacturer Patagonia has had a strict policy of not selling its gear on Amazon, or allowing its authorized retail partners to offer its good on the online marketplace. Still, if you do a search on Amazon for gear from Patagonia, equipment shows up nonetheless. This is due to unauthorized resellers operating illegally and this week, the gear company took steps to shut a big one down.
- Get Free Entry to America’s National Parks on Public Lands Day: September 28 marks National Public Lands Day here in the U.S. and to celebrate more than 100,000 volunteers will head out to various parks, monuments, public trails to work on various project to better this places. But Public Lands Day also means free entry into America’s National Parks for any and all who visit on that day.
- Outspoken Defender of Indigenous Amazon Tribes Murdered: Sad news from Brazil this week where it was revealed that Maxciel Pereira dos Santos, who served as a staunch defender of the rights of the indigenous people who live in the Amazon, was murdered “execution style” in the streets of a rainforest town that he was visiting.
- Get a Case for Your new iPhone 11: Earlier in the week, Apple announced new versions of the iPhone, bringing the nomenclature up to 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. Naturally, a slew of cases have been announced to protect these expensive mobile devices, including ones designed for adventure from the likes of Otterbox, LifeProof, and Catalyst.
- Take Part in an Ultra Trail Running Race in the Faroe Islands: The Faroe Islands are quickly developing into a must-visit adventure destination for travelers. To add to that cred, in 2020 the remote islands will play host to an amazing looking 60 km (37 mile) ultra race that features more than 4000 meters (13,123 ft) of vertical gain. If that sounds like fun, you can sign up here.
- ATTA Adventure Elevate Heads to Eugene, Oregon: The Adventure Travel Trade Association has announced the location for its next AdventureElevate event. For 2020, the ATTA and its partners will convene in Eugene, Oregon to talk adventure travel, sustainability, stewardship, and so much more.
- Virginia DGIF Elk Cam is Live: Enjoy watching wildlife on a live video feed transmitted over the Internet? Than you’re going to want to check out the Virginia Department of Game & Inland Fisheries “Elk Cam.” The video broadcasts 24/7 at the moment, giving viewers the chance to spot wild elk wandering through the autumn landscapes.
- The Hague Will Host the 2022 Ocean Race: Organizers of The Ocean Race have announced that the Hague will once again play host to the event, which is now scheduled to being sometime in Q2 of 2022.
- JetBlue Now Flying to Guyana: Speaking of emerging adventure destinations, Guyana is at the top of the list for those seeking an authentic experience. Getting there just got a lot easier as well, as earlier this week JetBlue announced that it would begin offering daily service from New York City on April 2 of next years.
- Outdoor Media Summit Comes to Estes Park in 2020: Aspiring outdoor journalists, photographers, videographers, and podcasts should mark their calendars now. For 2020, Outdoor Blogger Summit has rebranded as Outdoor Media Summit, and it’s headed to Estes Park, Colorado on April 21-23. Tickets are already selling briskly, so be sure to reserve your spot now.
- How to be a Terrible Adventure Partner: Always one to generate a good laugh, Brendan Leonard of Semi-Rad fame has written a fun story for Adventure Journal that tells readers how to be a terrible adventure partner. A must read for anyone looking for a bit of levity.
That’s all for this week. More to come next Friday.
Latest posts by Kraig Becker (see all)
- The Sylvansport Electric RV is the Motorhome of Our Dreams - September 14, 2021
- Nepali Climbers Open New Trekking Route on Mt. Kilimanjaro - September 9, 2021
- Will the iPhone 13 Double as a Satellite Phone? - September 7, 2021