We outdoor enthusiasts are a hardy bunch. We generally don’t mind spending time alone, we’re usually pretty self reliant, and we’re often well prepared to take on just about any situation. But tell us we have to stay home and off our favorite trails, and we just might have a total meltdown.
If we do have to say inside however, we can always start planning for our next big adventure, which will probably involve some new pieces of gear. Thankfully, while we’re all under quarantine, some of our favorite websites are continuing to put out some good gear reviews and round-ups.
If you’re looking to do a little “research” while stuck at home, here are a few things you should be checking out.
- Backpacker’s Best New Sleeping Bags: Backpacker magazine has a slew of spring gear round-ups, starting with their picks for the 7 best new sleeping bags for spring 2020.
- Best New Hiking Boots and Shoes: The team at Backpacker keeps things rolling with its selection of the best new hiking boots and shoes as well.
- Best New Tents Too: Finally, Backpacker wraps things up with a look at the 10 best new tents for this spring, with top options from Big Agnes, MSR, and others.
- Pop Mech Picks the Best Rooftop Cargo Boxes: Popular Mechanics has gotten in on the gear action too with a trio of articles of their own. First up, we have the best rooftop cargo boxes that are currently available.
- Best Camp Lights: If you’re looking for options for illuminating your campsite or just the backyard, Pop Mech has solutions from BioLite, Goal Zero and others.
- Best Hammocks for the Backyard: Those who want to relax in their backyard while social distancing may want to check out the list of top hammocks for doing just that.
- Men’s Journal Reviews the Best Fitness Watches: Finally, we have a rundown of the latest fitness watches courtesy of Men’s Journal, with options from Garmin, Suunto, and Apple.
That’s all for now. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for other good gear round ups and reviews moving forward.
- Gear Review: Yeti Roadie 48 Wheeled Cooler - August 18, 2022
- Kristin Harila Continues Pursuit of 8000-Meter Speed Record - August 16, 2022
- Two Expeditions are Attempting the Northwest Passage This Summer - August 11, 2022